Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pilot

Vincent Van Gogh had to start painting sometime.  Likewise, Beethoven had to start somewhere.  Just as the world now cherishes these men for their artistic contributions, so shall I one day be recorded in the annals of legend.  But first, I must perform that solemn duty which I have been entrusted with.  I shall deliver to the world the cold hard facts and irreconcilable truths behind the complex and multifaceted Pantheon of sports that is the NBA.
Much is speculated on a daily basis about what happens in the League.  Things as simple as the color of Kobe's shoelaces can yield to enough contrasting interpretations to make Inception look like Sesame Street.  Ever grow tired of the vitriol?  Ever wonder what's really going on?  Why waste time following some 'insider' or 'professional' when one can simply watch the NBA on TV and know as much as any crackpot talking head paid to blather on live air. 
I can prove it.
And so I embark on my journey.  I believe the National Basketball Association has far more to offer in the field of athletics and entertainment than most give it credit.  The game of basketball is the most complex, vibrant, and, yes, beautiful game out there.
It has its issues, of course.  Who knows, perhaps once I enlighten everyone on the true majesty of professional basketball the NBA will exponentially expand into the true titan of sports.  Perhaps it will put a stranglehold on the American viewer and hang its players out to dry in the name of industry.  You know, demand that they play the game with more discretion and less violence under pain of useless fine.  While moving to increase the length of the season by a few games every decade until they play year round and the average life expectancy of a player's knee, ankle, shoulder, and brain are around one month.
Oh, wait.  I'm talking about the NBA here, not the NFL...
At any rate, putting it as frankly as possible...  The NBA reigns supreme.  Follow me, and I'll show you why.  If my words somehow prove otherwise, don't blame me.  Its someone's fault besides mine.  I'm only Guilty by Association.

3 comments:

  1. You write so well, I just wish it was about baseball! Still, I'll keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fine start, my friend. Are you open to tranatlantic guest op-eds?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If said Transatlantic guest can part hoop-shaped seas with his resounding rhetoric and expertise, than of course.

    ReplyDelete